Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Starting, again?

Lists: current events
current favorites
current dreams


1. We're all sick, like the rest of the world. That would figure since I just started to work out, doing Tae Bo On Demand. Man, that is so fun. Anyhow, it started with Eamon getting the "croup", and it's making its way through the rest of us.

2. Waiting on chicken pox to set in. We have been exposed to the wonderful pox, so it's just a matter of time for those little boogers to come out. I am actually looking forward to this, as it is imposing on our social calendar. However, this is something that I prefer happen while the children are younger.

3. I am watching for PT jobs to open up at the hospital. What? Looking for a job? Yes, I am. Partly because we could use the extra money for stupid, unnecessary medical bills. Partly so I can go do something and hubby can connect with the kiddos. I told him this morning that I was leaving [the cooking area we were both trying to inhabit at the same time]. He said, "Oh yeah, where to?" So, I playingly said "California." Well, that brought on a question as to where the children would want to go, or with whom they would go. Of course, anyone who knows my children would know WHO they would go with! Husband had the gall to actually ask and then sulk with the answers given. Silly man. What do you expect from two little children who are always with their mother? I mean ALWAYS. So, I figure, hows about a part-time job to get out of the house, make a little cash, and give dad some exclusive time with the babies. We'll see...

4. I need to get off of here and work on my LLL stuff. I'm almost done! Yay! I am so thrilled to actually finish something. I started working on my bachelor degree 10 years ago. For the past 5+ years, I've only had a couple of courses to go to finish that degree. I'm still a couple courses, and I don't see that changing any time soon. Well, at least I'll have this experience and knowledge with LLL that I can complete my degree someday down the road. The two different educational backgrounds will work together, eventually.

5. Homeschooling my 5 year old is so fun. I am actually really excited that I will be required to send in an intent form and monthly attendance report. How can that sound exciting? Because I haven't done it, yet. That's why! Give me a couple of months. Surely, I'll change my attitude. My daughter wants to homeschool, too. She looks forward to some of the things we do as schooling. She becomes so proud when she can utilize what she's learned to do other things. You know, like telling time on the clock. Figuring out when something is going to happen by counting time in increments of 5 min. Sounds silly? Not for a 5 year old! She does math problems at night with the clock to keep her mind off of thumbsucking. That's a determined little girl.

6. I mentioned exercising previously. Yes, I am trying to add exercise into my schedule at least 3-4 times a week. I really like doing Tae Bo because it gets the blood pumping, it gets me moving, Billy Blanks is hilarious, and I feel soooooo refreshed after doing it. I have also agreed to walking with a very good friend of mine 3 times a week. So far, we've walked maybe 5-6 times since the new year came. The weather has not been very cooperative with our intentions and plans. That's okay, because Spring is right around the corner, and I plan to try to walk every day, then. Oh, I haven't told my friend, yet, but when she reads this looooong list...

Okay, I think I'm all worded out. I don't want to complain too much about anything. I just wanted to make a list. Sometime it feels good to make a list. Hmm, what kind of journal would that be? I could pop on here, make a list of whatever feels pertinent, and be done with it. Hmm...

No comments: